Over the years, many MIM core teaching and training activities (seminars, classes…) have been entrusted to a number of external teachers/lecturers/trainers. The new two-year MIM course intends to maintain and reinforce this successful collaboration pattern, and the MIM Consortium is now seeking the collaboration of high-profile, external scholars. Applications are welcomed for the following area of expertise:
Hebrew language and identity/ Diaspora / Intercultural dialogue
Applications will be evaluated by the MIM Governing Board on the basis of qualifications and professional experience, as well as publications and participation to international lectures. No weighting will be applied to these criteria. The selected applicant will be expected to teach an intensive course of 2 weeks for the module which takes place at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) in the month of September 2015. The MIM Consortium will cover travel and subsistence expenses throughout the stay, and will additionally offer remuneration that will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis with the successful applicant.
- PhD in Hebrew or related fields;
- very good knowledge of English and French (the languages of instruction). Good knowledge of Spanish and Italian (complementary languages of work) will be an advantage;
- experience in lecturing in Mediterranean studies or related topics;
- experience in research or research-related projects and in supervising students’ research, especially bearing on the Mediterranean area and on intercultural dialogue;
- work experience at Euro-Mediterranean institutions/organisations and/or in related networks.
Applicants are invited to send to the MIM Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 July, 2015:
- An updated CV (Europass format);
- A letter of Interest, with the applicant’s track record and a proposal of the foreseen teaching activities (objectives, content, methodology, tools).